About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world: Where I'm just living my life the best that I know how... Day by day.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Foodie Penpals" & Surgery

Sign up here!
Hello all! So, I'm pretty excited. Care to know why? Well, I joined this group called Foodie Penpals this month. If you have never heard of Foodie Penpals, you most definitely need to check it out. To give you a brief overview, on the 5th of every month, I receive an email telling me who my Foodie Penpal is. I must then contact my penpal to get some general information such as a mailing address, dietary restrictions, etc. By the 15th of the month, I have to send a little package to my Foodie Penpal. What needs to be in the package? It must contain something written along with any treats or goodies that I wish to send. There is also a $15 price limit on whatever is sent, so there is no pressure to be too extravagant. Do I receive anything? Yes! Somebody else has been given my information, and they will be sending me a package! I have yet to be contacted by my Foodie Penpal, but I can't wait to see what they have in store! Finally, on the last day of the month, I blog about what I received from my penpal.

Kayce is the Foodie Penpal I have been paired with for June. She is a 26-year-old mother of an almost 3-year-old with one on the way, and she is also the wife of a Military man. Thank you for your service! Originally from Washington State, this growing family is currently a few miles from home. By a few I mean over 2500, as they are currently located in the state of Georgia. Welcome to the South y'all!

Kayce is currently not a blogger, so expect a guest post on my blog from her at the end of the month. I can't wait to read what she has to say about the package I send her! I will not be revealing what I will be sending to my Foodie Penpal. I don't want to spoil it for Kayce, so I will leave it up to her for the surprise. I'm very excited to get started, and I look forward to the many months ahead filled with Foodie Penpal surprises!

On a more personal note, I will be having surgery tomorrow on my nose. Funny story, actually. Just before New Years Eve, my friends and I decided last minute to head up to the mountains in East Tennessee for a quick little getaway. It was very cold (we were expecting some snow), so we decided bringing some firewood to build a fire was an excellent idea. My friend Ross was loading firewood into my arms, I was walking over to the truck, and Justin was unloading from my arms into the truck. It was pretty dark at the time, and we were in a hurry. Well, let's just say one of the pieces of firewood caught my face on the way to the truck. In simple terms, my boyfriend hit me with a piece of firewood and broke my nose. See why it requires an explanation? It just sounds awful if I leave it at that. My broken nose is honestly not too noticeable, but that's not why I am having surgery. Since that little accident, I have had the worst splitting headaches. After seeing the ENT a few times and having a CT Scan done, it was concluded that I have a severely deviated septum. Imagine putting pressure on a thin piece of wood. What does it do before it completely snaps? It splinters. So, when I broke my nose, it splintered in two places causing bone spurs which are causing the headaches. The doctor said he is 100% positive that after my surgery tomorrow, I will be rid of those awful headaches. I am scheduled to go into surgery at 7:45 tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it turns out! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment