About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world: Where I'm just living my life the best that I know how... Day by day.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Time to win a bet!

 My boyfriend Justin is natural gas pipeline welder (aka a "pipeliner"). He goes where the job is. He is sometimes gone for several months at a time, always hundreds of miles away (at least). Whenever he comes home after a job is done, we like to just enjoy each other's time and company. So, what does that mean? Nobody cooks! We always go out to eat with each other and often our friends too. However, I love to cook. I said I love to cook, whether I'm good or not is in the mouth of the beholder. I love browsing through Pinterest, although I do not have an account because it will automatically upgrade my Facebook to "timeline" (GOD FORBID!!). Anyways, I always see the most delicious looking recipes, and I am always telling Justin about what amazing recipe I have come across on any given day. Well, yesterday I guess he decided enough is enough. "You always tell me about these awesome looking recipes that you want to try, but I haven't seen you cook a single one of them!" Ok babe, you got me. Enough is enough. I decided it is time to venture into the kitchen to make my best attempt at some of these scrumptious looking edibles. So, what happened next? I bet him that I will successfully make dinner 3 nights in a row. What is considered successful you might ask? No "boxed" dinners. No instant microwavable frozen items. That means no Stouffer's lasagna, no frozen chicken strips, no shells and cheese, and absolutely no hamburger helper. Yes folks, I actually have to COOK things, not just heat some stuff up and call it a meal. What do I get if I win the bet? I haven't quite decided. What if I lose? I don't even want to know, there is no telling. I'll let y'all know what is decided. Anywho, the bet is on. I'm ready. Bring it on. First up to bat? Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole, green beans, and fruit salad.


Here is a link to the recipe I am using with a picture of what it should look like.
http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/1881796-Chicken-Crescent-Roll-Casserole
I will follow up with how it turned out! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment