About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world: Where I'm just living my life the best that I know how... Day by day.

Monday, May 21, 2012

The FISH was DELISH!


Grilled Salmon--Click for Recipe!

Today, I come to you with a fish recipe! I haven't tried making the recipe myself, but my dad attempted it for the first time last night. Attempted is an understatement, but DOMINATED might be a better description. Since Justin has been in Mississippi, I enjoyed dinner with my parents. I have been eyeing the salmon in the fridge just wondering what would become of it, and last night, I found out. The salmon turned out absolutely wonderful! I just had to know what the marinade was; it was just strong enough to add a rich flavor, but not too much so the taste of the actual salmon was overpowered. The flavor was simply outstanding! I just had to see the recipe. To my surprise, the recipe was very easy, and it used ingredients that can be found on a regular basis in most pantries or kitchen cabinets (possibly with the exception of lemon pepper). This recipe calls for salmon fillets, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil. Garlic powder was not used in our recipe, and although I don't know how it would be with it, I can absolutely attest to the recipe without it. Dad even topped the salmon with some grilled onions which was a nice touch. Since we grilled the fish, grilled vegetables were an excellent complement to the meal. A mix of some fresh squash, zucchini, sliced potato, and green beans was enough to complete the dinner plate.

Here is a link to recipe (found on one of my favorite recipe sites!!) or you can click on the picture above.....

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-salmon-i/detail.aspx

Try it out, and let me know how YOURS turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment